Friday 4 September 2009

Bestival.

The final festival of the summer is looming...Bestival. I've been every year for the past 5 years and it's actually where my love of onesies originated.

A friend of mine had a jellyfish stinger suit which I continued to wear for the next few years at any fancy dress occasion I could..

This then continued on to me making my own skeleton suit (you can never find ones that are tight fitting!) and purchasing a variety of skin-tight all in ones from China called Zentai Suits...they're the ones that everyone is now wearing that has the face covered to get that lovely gimp look.


Because of this, I decided to get myself a new fixation and after seeing an beautiful antique clown costume in a shop window, I set out to make my own style of clown onesies...which I've since been commission to make by vitaminwater and Channel 4.


I've been getting quite a lot of requests to make costume and fancy dress pieces recently - I've just sent 8 people off to Burning Man festival wearing my original basic all in one in a variety of bright colours!

But yes, I'm trying this week to make a few costumes for myself to wear to Bestival that are going to blow all those gimpy one pieces out of the water!

Saying that, if it's going to rain like last year maybe it's a good idea to make some anorack onesies to stop me from drowning in all that mud!

www.bestival.net

No comments:

Post a Comment